To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon removal and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code.
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.
Patch services two groups:
We put climate initiatives on autopilot by programmatically offsetting CO₂ emissions. Our API makes it easy for businesses to launch features like carbon-neutral delivery, rides, payments, and more.
We’ve partnered with the best carbon removal scientists and developers in the world to build a network of high-quality projects. We’re aggregating demand to these projects so they can scale the amount of CO₂ they’re able to remove to help us reach our climate goals.
What you'll do
- Patch is seeking a Solutions Development professional to scale our offerings for companies in their climate journey. This role will partner with product managers, customers, and end users to identify new product offerings and enhancements to the Patch product suite for companies that are on their climate journey.
- Identify and develop business cases for new technical and commercial solutions based on carbon market trends and movements at Patch
- Collaborate across Patch’s Engineering, Product, Design, and Partnerships teams bringing a variety of insights to improve current or build new offerings
- Facilitate a positive, customer and partner-obsessed experience throughout all team and customer collaborations.
- Be the voice of the customer, user, and industry at all stages from discovery to launch
- Create and nurture relationships, demonstrating the value of Patch’s products while drawing feedback to inform the company’s roadmap.
- Drive prospecting strategy to identify, target, and sign new strategic customers, leading the way from internal justification, contractual structuring, negotiations, and deal execution.
Who you are
- You have previous years of experience in sustainability or climate related fields like carbon removal, voluntary carbon markets, or adjacent industries working directly with customers, clients and partners at a public company, consulting firm or start-up.
- You have previous proven experience identifying new product opportunities and strategies
- You enjoy problem-solving and are a structured thinker.
- You have the ability to create simple, yet effective frameworks that guide others through your process in a consultative way.
- You have a proven track record working both independently and also alongside teams like Engineering, Product, Design, and Sales
- You have experience communicating value to a number of existing and prospective customers and team members through market insights developed internally and externally.
- You are located and able to work from San Francisco, California, or London, UK
What makes Patch exciting
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The salary for this role if filled within the United States is $50,000-$200,000 and varies based on factors like level of experience and market rates. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance.