To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon removal and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code.
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.
Patch services two groups:
We put climate initiatives on autopilot by programmatically offsetting CO₂ emissions. Our API makes it easy for businesses to launch features like carbon-neutral delivery, rides, payments, and more.
We’ve partnered with the best carbon removal scientists and developers in the world to build a network of high-quality projects. We’re aggregating demand to these projects so they can scale the amount of CO₂ they’re able to remove to help us reach our climate goals.
What you'll do
- Design the strategy and long-term vision of Patch’s policy engagement in Europe and ensure its successful implementation.
- Build external networks and communicate as the face of Patch’s policy team in Europe in broader industry forums and engagements.
- Be the voice for our customers and the industry with elected officials, policymakers, and other influential climate leaders.
- Partner with the rest of the policy team and throughout the company to identify opportunities to operationalize policy insights for our employees, policymakers, customers, communities, and our business.
- Foster a community of collaboration with other climate policy leaders to advance thought leadership and climate action conversations.
Who you are
- You’re a strategic leader with significant years of experience working on climate-related issues in politics, government, or non-profit organizations.
- You have a deep knowledge of climate and sustainability policy and how decisions are made in the EC and/or UK governments.
- You’re a strategic thinker with advanced verbal/written communications skills, the ability to articulate and communicate complex climate and sustainability concepts in simple terms clearly and succinctly to different audiences, as well as the ability to educate, persuade and inspire people into action.
- You have deep networks in the climate policy space and a strong personal brand.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, comfort with ambiguity, good judgment, and diplomacy.
- You are currently based out of and able to work out of London or Brussels.
What makes Patch exciting
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy