Business Development Lead - Europe
To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon removal and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code.
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.
Patch's API-as-a-marketplace services two groups:
We put climate initiatives on autopilot by programmatically offsetting CO₂ emissions. Our API makes it easy for businesses to launch features like carbon-neutral delivery, rides, payments, and more.
We’ve partnered with the best carbon removal scientists and developers in the world to build a network of high-quality projects. We’re aggregating demand to these projects so they can scale the amount of CO₂ they’re able to remove to help us reach our climate goals.
What you'll do
- Act as the main point of contact for Patch partners, representing their needs to the greater Patch team while delivering relevant and valuable market insights.
- Deepen supply partner relationships, demonstrating the value of Patch’s product while drawing feedback to inform the company’s roadmap.
- Drive prospecting strategy to identify, target and sign new strategic partners, leading the way from internal justification, contractual structuring, negotiations and deal execution
- Collaborate across Patch’s Engineering, Product, Design and Partnerships teams to achieve commercial objectives.
- Strategize and operationalize new business processes across the Partnerships team, making the business 1% more effective every day while coaching and mentoring others.
- Facilitate a positive, partner-obsessed experience throughout all team and customer collaborations.
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience managing partners with technology and digital product experience.
- Broad experience and track-record of planning and meeting weekly and quarterly targets while working across functional business partners (product, legal & marketing) to deliver with urgency & excellence.
- Ability to think strategically about adding value to a number of existing and prospective partners through market insights developed internally and externally.
- Service-orientation that aligns Partner success to that of Patch.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with adverse challenges to tackle.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Eager to contribute to Patch’s carbon removal mission.
- Preferred - A background in carbon removal or adjacent industries.
- Preferred - Partnerships experience in a scaling, category-defining startup environment.
- Preferred - Experience structuring detailed and partner-specific contracts.