Business Development Representative - North America
To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon removal and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code.
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.
Patch's API-as-a-marketplace services two groups:
We put climate initiatives on autopilot by programmatically offsetting CO₂ emissions. Our API makes it easy for businesses to launch features like carbon-neutral delivery, rides, payments, and more.
We’ve partnered with the best carbon removal scientists and developers in the world to build a network of high-quality projects. We’re aggregating demand to these projects so they can scale the amount of CO₂ they’re able to remove to help us reach our climate goals.
We're looking for rockstar business development representative (BDR) to generate new opportunities for Patch in North America. As a BDR, you will be the first point of contact between Patch and our customers, helping them start their journey to carbon zero.
What you'll do
- Work closely with GTM leads to identify new business sectors to target and align on an outbound prospecting strategy.
- Follow up with marketing-generated leads to qualify as sales opportunities. Move solid leads through the funnel connecting them with a GTM Lead.
- Conduct market research to uncover needs within each industry verticals or business segment.
- Generate target prospect lists and implement engaging customer outreach strategies that deliver results (i.e. campaigns, follow up sequences, objection handling).
- Act as the first point of contact for Patch customers, representing customers' needs to the greater Patch team.
- Follow-up with potential customers who expressed interest but did not initially result in a sales opportunity
Who you are
What sets you apart
- A rolodex of North American customers and client connections that can add value to Patch from day-one.
- Familiarity using Outreach, Zoominfo, and Salesforce
- Technology industry experience
- Proven track record of organizing and meeting weekly campaign and prospecting targets.
- Identify high-potential businesses, verticals and markets, and develop and execute outbound strategies to bring them to Patch
- Experienced in building data-driven narratives that are relevant to engaging with new prospects.
- Stay apprised of new information relating to industry trends and customer pain points.
- Curiosity around new industries, technologies, and strategies.
- Self starter who is able to operate in a hyper growth environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Eager to contribute to Patch’s carbon removal mission.