Senior Full Stack Engineer
To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon removal and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code.
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.
Patch's API-as-a-marketplace services two groups:
We put climate initiatives on autopilot by programmatically offsetting CO₂ emissions. Our API makes it easy for businesses to launch features like carbon-neutral delivery, rides, payments, and more.
We’ve partnered with the best carbon removal scientists and developers in the world to build a network of high-quality projects. We’re aggregating demand to these projects so they can scale the amount of CO₂ they’re able to remove to help us reach our climate goals.
We're looking for exceptional engineers to design and deploy Patch’s novel platform primitives and API products. Nothing like Patch has ever been built before. There is no playbook detailing how features or products should be built. This role offers product-minded engineers the ability to take control of the roadmap and chart a course toward making the greatest impact.
What you'll do
- Design and deploy highly available and resilient platform primitives, APIs, and features.
- Architect scalable, product-oriented systems able to handle billions of API requests annually.
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
- Strategize and collaborate with other Patch teammates to provide the best product possible to our users.
Who you are
- 5+ years of full stack or backend engineering experience with Ruby on Rails, Node.JS, Python, Django, or related.
- Eager to contribute to Patch’s carbon removal mission.
- A passion for collaboration and history of establishing great relationships with UX and Product Management teams across time zones.
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things in a fast-paced startup environment.
- A commitment to technical excellence, raising the bar, and delivering results.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
What sets you apart
- DevOps expertise.
What makes patch exciting
- Make a positive impact on the world, and work on a mission that matters.
- Competitive compensation.
- Meaningful Equity.
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health, covering gyms, courses, therapy, art, animals, etc!
- Low ego, collaborative culture.
- Time-off As Needed Vacation Policy.