Strategic Finance Lead
To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon removal and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code.
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.
Patch's API-as-a-marketplace services two groups:
We put climate initiatives on autopilot by programmatically offsetting CO₂ emissions. Our API makes it easy for businesses to launch features like carbon-neutral delivery, rides, payments, and more.
We’ve partnered with the best carbon removal scientists and developers in the world to build a network of high-quality projects. We’re aggregating demand to these projects so they can scale the amount of CO₂ they’re able to remove to help us reach our climate goals.
We're looking for a Strategic Finance Lead to serve as the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical finance, accounting, and business questions related to Patch's near- and long-term success. You will solve for multiple priorities (growth, efficiency, quality, to name a few) and consider various stakeholders (e.g. recruiting, sales, marketing, product).
What you'll do
- Create models to forecast the evolution of our business’s growth, margins, expansion plans, and overhead
- Build our reporting process to provide actionable insights to leadership across the organization in a timely manner (monthly, yearly, and on)
- Manage all aspects of cash flow by monitoring the in and outflows of capital (e.g., implement billing and expense tracking processes)
- Own all aspects of accounting operations & financial reporting (including taxes, audits, etc) in collaboration with external service providers
- Manage vendors and contractors across AP, AR, Payroll, and Accounting
- Manage payroll and employee benefits programs to ensure our employees (our most valuable assets) are paid and taken care of
- Partner with the Executive Leadership team on financial planning, revenue strategies, and results management
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
Who you are
- Proven track-record & passion for creating, driving, and delivering data-backed decisions and outputs
- A creative and collaborative problem solver, from database structuring to insight delivery
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills
- Extremely responsive. Things move quickly when you’re scaling from 0 to 1
- An expert at synthesizing insights for cross-functional integration and understanding
- Results-driven and restless until the job is done
- Mission-driven and motivated about putting in hours that will do good for the world
- Have a strong willingness and curiosity to learn about new industries, technologies, and strategies
- High adversity quotient! The biggest endeavors come with exciting challenges at every turn.
What sets you apart
What makes patch exciting
- At Patch, we're building the software infrastructure for a sustainable economy - an infrastructure that will help unlock giga-tonne scale carbon removal and ultimately play a role in mitigating the most drastic effects of global warming.
- Beyond our mission, we're committed to building a world-class culture that you can thrive in!
- Competitive compensation & meaningful equity
- Holistic wellness benefits, including a monthly wellness stipend
- Remote-friendly work place for changing times
- Low-ego & hyper-collaborative culture
- Time-off as needed vacation policy
- Growth mindsets & a healthy feedback approach