Patch is the infrastructure powering the carbon market of the future. Patch software brings together corporate buyers, project developers, financiers, and policymakers to increase transparency and modernize climate action. We provide companies like Credit Suisse, Aviva, and Route access to the broadest network of vetted carbon credits available through direct purchases, multi-year offtake agreements, or in any digital transaction via APIs. We also provide software that enables carbon removal project developers and financiers like Carbon Streaming, Anew, Eion, and Brilliant Planet to manage their operations and grow their sales, so they can scale their climate impact.
What you'll do
- You'll lead our accounting efforts as the first dedicated accounting hire alongside our Head of Finance
- You'll prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports
- You'll implement dual-entry accounting system and manage our accounting software (i.e. Quickbooks)
- You'll prepare journal entries, reconciliations, adjustments and maintain appropriate supporting documentation
- You'll manage daily accounting operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- You'll collaborate in the development of financial policies, procedures, and internal controls
Who you are
- You have a bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance and are a current certified public accountant (CPA)
- You have multiple years of accounting work experience at a fast paced company, with part of that experience at a Big 4 accounting firm
- You are proficient in accounting software, including either Quickbooks or NetSuite
- You have demonstrated initiative and ability to work with limited daily direction from management
- You are a flexible operator who likes the challenge of rolling your sleeves up and wearing multiple hats
- You are currently based out and able to work in the United States or Canada
What makes Patch exciting
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The base salary for this role if filled within the United States will start at $145,000. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance. Actual specific compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, location, and some role-dependent factors.
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
- Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.