Climate change is a complex, systemic challenge, but the solutions can’t be. As long as climate action is hard to access for companies and consumers, we’ll never have enough unified impact to avoid 1.5°C.
Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action across companies of all sizes, their customers, and their networks. We do this by simplifying and democratizing access to the voluntary carbon market, making it easy for carbon credit sellers to manage inventory and go to market and for buyers to access that supply. We have the broadest selection of vetted carbon credits available, accessible through direct purchases, multi-year offtake agreements, or in any digital transaction using our API.
Companies like Bain & Company, Credit Suisse, and Route rely on Patch to help them accelerate their climate impact while engaging their customers in climate-first experiences. Patch pairs cutting-edge software with impartial, transparent project scrutiny to make climate action accessible and reliable for everyone, so we can rebalance the planet — together.
What you'll do
- You'll lead our accounting efforts as the first dedicated accounting hire alongside our Head of Finance
- You'll prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports
- You'll implement dual-entry accounting system and manage our accounting software (i.e. Quickbooks)
- You'll prepare journal entries, reconciliations, adjustments and maintain appropriate supporting documentation
- You'll manage daily accounting operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- You'll collaborate in the development of financial policies, procedures, and internal controls
Who you are
- You have a bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance and are a current certified public accountant (CPA)
- You have multiple years of accounting work experience at a fast paced company, with part of that experience at a Big 4 accounting firm
- You are proficient in accounting software, including either Quickbooks or NetSuite
- You have demonstrated initiative and ability to work with limited daily direction from management
- You are a flexible operator who likes the challenge of rolling your sleeves up and wearing multiple hats
- You are currently based out and able to work in the United States or Canada
What makes Patch exciting
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The base salary for this role if filled within the United States is $100,000-$140,000. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance. Actual specific compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, location, and some role-dependent factors.
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.