To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon removal and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code.
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.
Patch services two groups:
We put climate initiatives on autopilot by programmatically offsetting CO₂ emissions. Our API makes it easy for businesses to launch features like carbon-neutral delivery, rides, payments, and more.
We’ve partnered with the best carbon removal scientists and developers in the world to build a network of high-quality projects. We’re aggregating demand to these projects so they can scale the amount of CO₂ they’re able to remove to help us reach our climate goals.
What you'll do
- Identify and develop business cases for new technical and commercial solutions based on carbon market trends and movements
- Collaborate across Patch’s Engineering, Product, Design and Partnerships teams to achieve commercial objectives.
- Strategize and operationalize new business processes across the Sustainability & Climate Strategy team, making the business 1% more effective every day while coaching and mentoring others.
- Facilitate a positive, customer and partner obsessed experience throughout all team and customer collaborations.
- Create and nurture relationships, demonstrating the value of Patch’s product while drawing feedback to inform the company’s roadmap.
- Drive prospecting strategy to identify, target, and sign new strategic customers, leading the way from internal justification, contractual structuring, negotiations, and deal execution.
Who you are
- You have previous years of experience in sustainability or climate related fields like carbon removal, voluntary carbon markets, or adjacent industries working directly with customers, clients and partners at a public company, consulting firm or start-up.
- You have a great grasp of the various carbon removal and climate solution technologies, participants, and market trends.
- You enjoy problem-solving and are a structured thinker. You have the ability to create simple, yet effective frameworks that guide others through your process in a consultative way.
- You have a proven track record working both independently and also alongside teams like Engineering, Product, Design, and Partnerships
- You have experience communicating value to a number of existing and prospective customers and team members through market insights developed internally and externally.
- You are eager to contribute to Patch’s climate action mission.
- You are currently located and able to work out of London.
- Preferred: You have a degree in an environmental studies field or climate-related engineering/science field (e.g., mechanical, chemical, civil, environmental).
What makes Patch exciting
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy