Market Development Representative - (United States or Canada)
Climate change is a complex, systemic challenge, but the solutions can’t be. As long as climate action is hard to access for companies and consumers, we’ll never have enough unified impact to avoid 1.5°C.
Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action across companies of all sizes, their customers, and their networks. We do this by simplifying and democratizing access to the voluntary carbon market, making it easy for carbon credit sellers to manage inventory and go to market and for buyers to access that supply. We have the broadest selection of vetted carbon credits available, accessible through direct purchases, multi-year offtake agreements, or in any digital transaction using our API.
Companies like Bain & Company, Credit Suisse, and Route rely on Patch to help them accelerate their climate impact while engaging their customers in climate-first experiences. Patch pairs cutting-edge software with impartial, transparent project scrutiny to make climate action accessible and reliable for everyone, so we can rebalance the planet — together.
What you'll do
- Help generate new business opportunities at Patch to help our customers achieve their sustainability goals
- Work closely with the GTM Leads and Account Executives to identify relevant prospects to target and outreach
- Build a prospecting strategy to drive new leads and pipeline for our Account Executives (i.e. campaign content, follow-up sequence, objection handling).
- Conduct market research to uncover needs within each industry vertical or business segment.
- Be the first point of contact for Patch customers, representing customers' needs to the greater Patch GTM team.
- Launch high-impact campaigns to entice prospective clients to learn more about Patch
- Qualify inbound and outbound leads to uncover business objectives and needs.
- Help support our event and conference
- Facilitate a positive, customer-obsessed experience throughout all team and customer collaborations.
Who you are
- Have previous B2B inbound or outbound experience ideally within a start-up, scale-up, or consulting environment (at minimum, 1 - 3 years)
- Be a strong writer and excellent communicator
- Passionate about the carbon markets and eager to contribute to Patch’s carbon removal mission
- Have knowledge or interest in learning about how sustainability leaders execute their climate commitments
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and under pressure while juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Currently located and able to work out of the United States or Canada.
What makes Patch exciting
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The base salary for this role if filled within the United States is $42,000 + Commission. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, location and some role-dependent factors.