Climate change is a complex, systemic challenge, but the solutions can’t be. As long as climate action is hard to access for companies and consumers, we’ll never have enough unified impact to avoid 1.5°C.
Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action across companies of all sizes, their customers, and their networks. We do this by simplifying and democratizing access to the voluntary carbon market, making it easy for carbon credit sellers to manage inventory and go to market and for buyers to access that supply. We have the broadest selection of vetted carbon credits available, accessible through direct purchases, multi-year offtake agreements, or in any digital transaction using our API.
Companies like Bain & Company, Credit Suisse, and Route rely on Patch to help them accelerate their climate impact while engaging their customers in climate-first experiences. Patch pairs cutting-edge software with impartial, transparent project scrutiny to make climate action accessible and reliable for everyone, so we can rebalance the planet — together.
What you'll do
- Conduct market analyses that support growth opportunities and business cases for customers and suppliers
- Identify, assess, and synthesize third-party reports on the state of the carbon markets & broader sustainable economy in support of Patch’s mission
- Maintain internal market perspectives on the latest & greatest state of carbon markets
- Support live deals including coordinating the collection, analysis, and delivery of the deal-specific data
- Draft reports and modeling for potential customers and suppliers
- Generate thought leadership in the form of research & intelligence that empowers executives across our stakeholders bases on how to take climate action
- Identify and develop business cases for new technical and commercial solutions based on carbon market trends and movements
Who you are
- You have a proven track record & passion for creating, driving, and delivering impact & insights.
- You have previous work experience in a highly analytical & modeling heavy role with an emphasis on clean and climate technology, and/or climate solutions broadly
- You know carbon credits, offtake strategies, carbon credit financing, the voluntary carbon market space, climate solution technologies, participants, and market trends.
- You have experience in management consulting, project finance, sustainable finance or investment banking or a role that has equipped you with a similar skill set
- You leave no stone unturned - you get energy from the details and appreciate swimming in the research depths.
- Ability to transform raw data into insight for potential customers
- You are an expert communicator that can take the technical climate and carbon-related concepts and put them into models and presentations (written and verbal) that anyone in your audience can understand
What makes Patch exciting
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The salary for this role if filled within the United States is $50,000-$130,000 and varies based on factors like level of experience and market rates. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance.