Climate change is a complex, systemic challenge, but the solutions can’t be. As long as climate action is hard to access for companies and consumers, we’ll never have enough unified impact to avoid 1.5°C.
Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action across companies of all sizes, their customers, and their networks. We do this by simplifying and democratizing access to the voluntary carbon market, making it easy for carbon credit sellers to manage inventory and go to market and for buyers to access that supply. We have the broadest selection of vetted carbon credits available, accessible through direct purchases, multi-year offtake agreements, or in any digital transaction using our API.
Companies like Bain & Company, Credit Suisse, and Route rely on Patch to help them accelerate their climate impact while engaging their customers in climate-first experiences. Patch pairs cutting-edge software with impartial, transparent project scrutiny to make climate action accessible and reliable for everyone, so we can rebalance the planet — together.
What you'll do
- Design and deploy highly available and resilient platform primitives, APIs, and features.
- Architect scalable, product-oriented systems able to handle billions of API requests annually.
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion, and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
- Strategize and collaborate with other Patch teammates to provide the best product possible to our users.
Who you are
- You have significant years of software engineering experience
- You have experience in or are willing and able to learn Ruby on Rails
- You are eager to contribute to Patch’s carbon removal mission
- You have a passion for collaboration and a history of establishing great relationships with design and product management teams across time zones.
- You are curious about constantly learning new things in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have a commitment to technical excellence, raising the bar, and delivering results.
- You are an excellent oral and written communicator.
What makes Patch exciting
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The base salary for this role if filled within the United States is $150,000-$200,000. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance. Actual specific compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, location, and some role-dependent factors.
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.